Posted on Monday 6th December 2021
Thirty-seven of the county’s best tourism and hospitality businesses will go head-to-head at the prestigious Enjoy Staffordshire Tourism & Good Food Awards 2021-22.
More than 80 entries from across Staffordshire have been whittled down for the next stage, which includes a potential mystery visit from the independent judges, to help decide the overall winners in the 18 categories.
The winners will then be announced at a glittering black-tie awards ceremony on Thursday 3rd March 2022.
Many of the ‘Gold’ winners will progress to represent Staffordshire at the national VisitEngland Awards for Excellence in June 2022.
Philip White, Cabinet Member with responsibility for tourism at Staffordshire County Council said:
“We have a huge tourism sector in Staffordshire including some of the UK’s biggest theme parks, a large part of the Peak District and our “nationals” such as the National Memorial Arboretum and National Football Centre.
"These are supported by a great range of accommodation, restaurants, cafes and retailers, all going the extra mile to give visitors a wonderful experience.
“Our local tourism and hospitality businesses continue to do a fantastic job, attracting more and more visitors, generating millions of pounds per month and sustaining tens of thousands of jobs.
"I’m extremely proud of what we have on offer here in our county and this event is a great way to celebrate the very best of those businesses.
"I wish all those shortlisted the best of luck in the awards.”
The shortlisted businesses for the Enjoy Staffordshire Tourism & Good Food Awards 2021-22, sponsored by We Are Staffordshire, are:
- Accessible & Inclusive Tourism Award: Gladstone Pottery Museum, Alton Towers Resort, Trentham
- B&B and Guest House of the Year: Amber House (Alrewas), The Little George (Eccleshall)
- Casual Dining Restaurant of the Year: Amore Italian (Newcastle-under-Lyme), Pom’s Kitchen & Deli (Lichfield), The Crepe & Waffle House (Trentham), The Waterfront (Barton Marina), The Three Horseshoes Country Inn & Spa (Leek)
- Ethical, Responsible & Sustainable Tourism Award, sponsored by SBEN: Ramblers Retreat Country Tearoom (Alton), Dalraddy Cottage (Penkridge), Gladstone Pottery Museum, Alton Towers Resort, Black Lion Inn (Butterton), Bella’s Coffee House & Community Café (Hednesford)
- Experience of the Year, sponsored by Staffordshire Chambers of Commerce: Moddershall Oaks Country Spa Retreat, Walk with the Animals (Peak Wildlife Park), Breakfast with Monkeys (Trentham Monkey Forest), Perry’s Field to Fork Cookery School (Eccleshall), Middleport On The Move: Virtual Factory Tour (Middleport Pottery)
- Food & Drink Retailer/Farm Shop of the Year: Gelato & Cakes (Cheadle), Nelson’s Distillery (nr. Uttoxeter), Denstone Hall Farm Shop, Perry’s of Eccleshall
- Hotel of the Year: Double Tree by Hilton Stoke-on-Trent, The Moat House at Acton Trussell, CBeebies Land Hotel at Alton Towers Resort
- Independent Restaurant of the Year: London House Indian Restaurant (Eccleshall), No26 at Aston Marina (Stone), The Viceroy Restaurant (Stafford)
- Large Visitor Attraction of the Year, sponsored by Insight6: National Memorial Arboretum, Trentham, Alton Towers Resort, Peak Wildlife Park, Trentham Monkey Forest
- New Tourism Business Award: Perry’s Field to Fork Cookery School (Eccleshall), Play@ Lower Drayton Farm (Penkridge), Bella’s Coffee House & Community Café (Hednesford), Mayfield Snuggery (Mayfield), Double Tree by Hilton Stoke-on-Trent
- Pub of the Year, sponsored by R H Advertising: The Tamworth Tap, Black Lion Inn (Butterton), The Meynell Ingram Arms (Hoar Cross), The Little George (Eccleshall), Red Lion (Newborough)
- Resilience & Innovation Award, sponsored by We Are Staffordshire: Trentham, National Memorial Arboretum, Alton Towers Resort, Ramblers Retreat Country Tearoom (Alton), Middleport Pottery
- Self-Catering Accommodation of the Year: Mayfield Snuggery (Mayfield), Betley Court Farm Holiday Cottages (Newcastle-under-Lyme), Dalraddy Cottage (Penkridge)
- Small Visitor Attraction of the Year: The Dorothy Clive Garden (Willoughbridge), Foxfield Railway (Blythe Bridge), Gladstone Pottery Museum
- Tea Room & Coffee Shop of the Year: Ramblers Retreat Country Tearoom (Alton), Denstone Hall Farm Shop & Cafe, Bella’s Coffee House & Community Café (Hednesford), Cup a Cha (Stafford)
- Unsung Hero, sponsored by We Are Staffordshire: Denstone Hall Farm Shop & Café, The Little George (Eccleshall), Trentham
For more information, contact Andrea Sammons at Destination Staffordshire, on 01785 276261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.