Posted on Thursday 1st April 2021
Staffordshire County Council’s Covid Test & Collect Service is now open to more people than ever before.
With the Bank Holiday weekend and schools breaking up for Easter, anyone can now book a test and collect at a Community Testing Centre and collect up to two packs to continue testing in their own homes.
Previously, packs were restricted to anyone who lived with children or staff at nurseries, schools and colleges.
In an effort to get as many people in the county involved in getting regular Covid tests, the county council has opened up their offer to everyone who wants to collect a pack, subject to availability.
Dr Richard Harling, Staffordshire County Council’s Director of Health and Care said:
“With lockdown easing, the school holidays beginning and the warmer weather we’ve been enjoying this week, we must do everything we can to stop another spike in Covid cases. This means continuing to follow hands, face, space, fresh air, and also making sure to test yourself and your family regularly.
“One in 3 Covid cases don’t show any symptoms, and to stop any potential spread in the community, it is important that these cases are detected and isolated as soon as possible. This prevents onward transmission to others.
“Regular testing needs to become a way of life for the time being, and by opening our Test & Collect service to everyone in the county, we hope that more people will take advantage of the offer of free tests and protect their communities.”
The Community Test & Collect Service can be booked at: www.staffordshire.gov.uk/testing
The following venues are offering Test & Collect. You can also find your nearest at Find a test centre (test-and-trace.nhs.uk)
- Cannock – Cannock Leisure Centre every day
- East Staffordshire – Hillfield House every day
- Lichfield – St John’s Church (Mon, Tues & Sun). Lichfield FC (Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sat)
- Newcastle – Seabridge Centre every day
- South Staffordshire – Wombourne Library every day
- Stafford – Kingston Centre every day
- Staffordshire Moorlands – Brough Park Leisure Centre Leek (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs & Sun). Biddulph Leisure Centre (Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sat). South Moorlands Leisure Centre Cheadle (Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri & Sat)
- Tamworth – Ankerside Shopping Centre, every day
Everyone in Staffordshire is being urged to book a test twice a week. Those preferring a supervised test can still book a test at our community testing centres and touring pop-ups. Full details of all the options and how to book can be found at www.staffordshire.gov.uk/coronavirus.
People with symptoms should self-isolate and book a test at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or ring 119