Posted on Wednesday 7th April 2021
Families living in parts of Tamworth are being called on to take part in a new mass Covid Testing pilot next week, as the seven-day rate for cases hits almost double the national average.
NHS Test and Trace, in partnership with Staffordshire County Council, Tamworth Borough Council and Royal Mail will be targeting around 6,000 households in Glascote and Stonydelph to help stop the spread of infection and learn more about how the virus is being transmitted.
Kits will be delivered to homes from April 12 and people should register their kit, take the test and drop them off at one of the special collection points in the local community.
Dr Richard Harling, Staffordshire County Council’s Director of Health and Care, said: “While it will be great to see all local shops, pubs and businesses reopening on Monday, testing of our communities is going to be key to making the lifting of lockdown work and help keep life moving.
“We know that around one in three people who have the virus show no symptoms, so we are asking everyone in Glascote and Stonydelph to take part in this pilot next week and to help us bring down cases locally.
“Kits are being delivered to every household and we have set up local collection points to make it quick and easy for everyone to get tested and make this pilot work.
“So please take the test, the chances are you won’t have the virus, but it is better to be safe than sorry. It will only take a few minutes and might just save the life of someone you care for.”
Home PCR tests will be delivered from April 12 and should be returned only to the special collection points below. Everyone in the household should take a test, even if they are part of a work or school scheme or have had a vaccine.
Andrew Barratt, Chief Executive of Tamworth Borough Council, said: “We need to act now to bring down cases in Tamworth to ensure our schools and businesses can stay open, we can still see more of our friends and family and we can continue to protect the most vulnerable in our communities.
“This is an opportunity for families in Glascote and Stonydelph to play their part in doing just that by taking a home test next week.”
The Community Collect Points for the NHS Test and Trace Glascote and Stonydelph Pilot ONLY will be at the following places between April 13 and April 16.
The collection points are:
- St Peter’s Church, Hawksworth, Glascote Heath, B77 2HH. Opening times: 09.00 -15.30
- Glascote Children’s Centre, Hawksworth, Glascote Heath, B77 2ER. Opening times: 08.30 -16.00
- Magraths Pharmacy, 68 Caledonian, Tamworth. B77 2ED. Opening times: 09.00-16.00
- Pennymoor Community Centre, Pennymoor Road, Tamworth B77 4LG. Opening times: 09.00 -16.30 (closed Wednesday 14/04/21)
- Stonydelph Pharmacy, 29 Ellerbeck, Wilnecote, Tamworth, B77 4JA. Opening times: 09.00 -17.30 (closed 13:00-14:00)
- Watsons GH Newsagents, Pennymoor Road, Wilnecote, Tamworth, B77 4LG. Opening times: 08.00 -19.00
- Sacred Heart Church, Silver Link Road, Glascote Heath, Tamworth, B77 2EA. Opening Times: 08.00 -19.00
To find out more about the Pilot Testing please see www.staffordshire.gov.uk/coronavirus