Posted on Tuesday 23rd March 2021
Community Collect Covid testing is being rolled out wider from yesterday (Monday, 22 March) to allow more people in Staffordshire to get tested regularly at home.
People living in homes with children or staff at nurseries, schools and colleges can now book a test at a Community Testing Centre and then collect a pack of seven tests for use at home. In this first trial week, numbers will be limited and kits subject to availability.
Dr Richard Harling, Staffordshire County Council’s Director of Health and Care, said:
"We know that one in three people who have the virus show no symptoms, so testing is hugely important to help identify more people who may unknowingly have and be spreading the virus.
“While the increasing roll out of the vaccine has been great news, regular testing must go hand in hand with this as part of our response to this pandemic.
“Although cases are declining, everyone needs to continue to play their part to keep the virus under control. This means households of pupils and education staff must take up our test and collect offer to help keep more people safe and well.
“Rapid testing detects cases quickly – in under 30 minutes – meaning positive cases can isolate immediately. This can be the difference between children being able to stay in school, or a class being sent home due to an outbreak. It could also be the difference between a workplace having to close for a period again or being able to stay open and running.”
The Community Test & Collect Service for households, childcare and support bubbles with children or staff at nurseries, schools or colleges can be booked at www.staffordshire.gov.uk/testing
The following venues are offering Test & Collect. You can also find your nearest at Find a test centre (test-and-trace.nhs.uk)
- Cannock – Cannock Leisure Centre every day
- East Staffordshire – Hillfield House every day
- Lichfield – St John’s Church (Mon, Tues & Sun). Lichfield FC (Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sat)
- Newcastle – Seabridge Centre every day
- South Staffordshire – Wombourne Library every day
- Stafford – Kingston Centre every day
- Staffordshire Moorlands – Brough Park Leisure Centre Leek (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs & Sun). Biddulph Leisure Centre (Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sat). South Moorlands Leisure Centre Cheadle (Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri & Sat)
- Tamworth – Ankerside Shopping Centre, every day
Everyone in Staffordshire is being urged to book a test twice a week. Those not eligible for collecting home kits can still book a test at our community testing centres and touring pop-ups. Full details of all the options and how to book can be found at www.staffordshire.gov.uk/coronavirus
People with symptoms should self-isolate and book a test at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or ring 119