Staffordshire Place Guide - Amblecote
All of the links in the table below enable you to view Collection catalogues in our online catalogue Gateway to the Past. Where there is no link this is either because we hold the collection but the catalogue is not yet online, or because the collection is held by another Archive Service, or is still in the hands of the organisation itself.
- OS County Series 6 inches to 1 mile sheets: 71SW
- OS National Grid 6 inches to 1 mile sheet: SO88NE
- OS National Grid reference: SO900850
Church of England
- Ancient Parish: Old Swinford: This parish was mostly in Worcestershire. The only part in Staffordshire was the township of Amblecote.
- Modern Parish: Amblecote (from 1845)
- Civil Parish: Amblecote (1866-1966); became part of Dudley County Borough.
- Hundred: Seisdon South
- Poor Law Union: Stourbridge Poor Law Union (1836-1930)
- District Council: Kingswinford Rural District (1894-1898); Amblecote Urban District (1898-1966); Dudley County Borough (part) and Stourbridge Municipal Borough (part) (1970-1974); Dudley Borough (1974-date)
- Parliamentary Constituency (to 1974): Southern Staffordshire (1832-1867); West Staffordshire (1867-1885); Kingswinford (1885-1948); Brierley Hill (1948-1970); Dudley (part) and Halesowen and Stourbridge (part) (1970-1974)