Happiness and Wellbeing
Your child's happiness and wellbeing is crucial to getting the best out of a Staffordshire education.
These pages will help you get the information and support you need on a range of issues.
- Family Links is a national charity dedicated to empowering children, parents, families and schools to be emotionally healthy - they have some great downloadable resources for parents.
- Contact a Family provides help and advice to families caring for a disabled child or a child with specific health conditions.
- Disabled Parents Network is a membership organisation of and for disabled parents which operates a peer support/contact register that is open to all disabled parents.
- The Fatherhood Institute is a national support organisation for all dads. Some of its projects focus on helping fathers to support their children's learning.
- Family Lives (formerly Parentline Plus) is a national charity offering help and information for parents, carers and families via a range of services including a free 24-hour confidential helpline, workshops, courses, information leaflets, email and website.
- Working Families is a national charity offering a helpline and website advice for parents on carers on all their rights at work including maternity and paternity leave, flexible working, parental leave and in-work benefits.
- Gingerbread is a charity working with and on behalf of single parent families. They offer all kinds of support and advice from break-ups and grieving to returning to work. You'll find a wealth of material and fact sheets on their website as well as a dedicated freephone helpline.