Our use of cookies

We use strictly necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of analytical cookies, click the 'Accept cookies' button. No, give me more information.
Accept cookies Reject analytical cookies Manage cookies

Do I need to provide proof of my benefits?

Do I need to provide proof of my benefits?

We don't always need to see proof of which benefit you are on in order to process your application. We can now check to see if you are entitled by using the National Free School Meals Eligibility Checking Service.

To use this service and process your claim, we need your National Insurance number (or national asylum support service number) and your own date of birth. Please note: By applying you are agreeing to allow us to check this service and to make regular ongoing checks to confirm entitlement.

If our check shows that you are not entitled we will ask for recent, written proof of benefit. Suitable written proof includes  a recent letter from the Benefits Agency giving details of the claim, your Pension Credit M1000 Award Notice, all pages of your TC602 Tax Credit award notice, a letter from the National Asylum Support Office confirming you are receiving support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 or copies of the 3 most recent Universal Credit statements or entitlement letters (if you have been on Universal Credit less than 3 months please provide copies of the all the statements or entitlement letters you have received so far). Your statements are obtained by you from your online Universal Credit account. If you don't have an online Universal Credit account, to request copies of your entitlement letters please contact the Department for Work and Pensions or your Jobcentre Plus office.

If you wish to apply under the no recourse to public funds criteria, a different application form is needed which will need additional supporting information

There are no results that match your search criteria