Our use of cookies

We use strictly necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of analytical cookies, click the 'Accept cookies' button. No, give me more information.
Accept cookies Reject analytical cookies Manage cookies

What type of vehicles/trailers will require a permit?

What type of vehicles/trailers will require a permit?

No e-permit required

  • Cars, including:
    • Estates
    • People carriers
    • 4 x 4's
  • Quad bikes
  • Motorcycles
  • Bicycles
  • Minibuses with seats in place*
  • Campervans with fixtures and fittings in place*
  • Trailers of up to 1.5 metres in length (excluding towing mechanism) and 570 litres capacity

e-permit required

  • Panel vans*
  • Pick-up trucks*
  • Tipper trucks*
  • Minibuses with seats removed*
  • campervans with fixtures and fittings removed*
  • Trailers of between 1.5 metres and 2.5 metres (excluding towing mechanism) or over 570 litres capacity

Excluded from site

  • Vehicles not listed in columns 1 or 2
  • Vehicles larger than 5 metres long
  • Trailers of over 2.5 metres in length (ecluding towing mechanism)
  • Horse boxes
  • Agricultural Machinery
  • Driver and Van Services

*Maximum vehicle size - 5 metres long and 2 metres high


There are no results that match your search criteria