Our use of cookies

We use strictly necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of analytical cookies, click the 'Accept cookies' button. No, give me more information.
Accept cookies Reject analytical cookies Manage cookies

Ramps / guardrails / bollards

Ramps / guardrails / bollards

In some cases it may be necessary for private individuals to place a permanent structure in the highway such as a ramp (where provision for accessing premises is required), guardrail (often associated to ramps) and bollards. All permanent structures require a Section 50 licence and each ‘structure’ or item must carry its own licence. Such licences run for an undetermined period and therefore should be updated during land transfers to ensure that new landowners take responsibility for the apparatus and are aware of their obligations.

The granting of a licence for permanent structures are assessed on an individual basis and may be refused if the structure is likely to cause an obstruction to highway users or other organisations requiring access to the highway.

There are no results that match your search criteria