Our use of cookies We use necessary cookies to make our site work. Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, website analytics and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button. No, give me more info

We are experiencing technical issues with some of our applications, please bear with us whilst we work to fix the issues. If you have any urgent problems, please contact 0300 111 8000.

Someone is parking their vehicle illegally, who do I report this to?

Someone is parking their vehicle illegally, who do I report this to?

The county council cannot legally prevent anyone from parking their vehicle on the public highway if there are no existing parking restrictions.

If there are no parking restrictions and vehicles are parked in contravention of the rules of the Highway Code the matter can be reported to the police who have access to powers enabling them to identify vehicle owners and issue on the spot fines if necessary.

Please see  our responsibilities to establish where you need to report the parking issue.

There are no results that match your search criteria