Our use of cookies

We use strictly necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of analytical cookies, click the 'Accept cookies' button. No, give me more information.
Accept cookies Reject analytical cookies Manage cookies

Someone is parking outside of my house, what can I do?

Someone is parking outside of my house, what can I do?

Homeowners or residents living next to public highways have no legal right to the road and/or footway fronting their property boundaries. If there are no parking restrictions and vehicles are parked in contravention of the rules of the Highway Code the matter can be reported to the police who have access to powers enabling them to identify vehicle owners and issue on the spot fines if necessary.

Our clear streets team coordinates the civil enforcement resource in Staffordshire and further information on our enforcement responsibilities, and who you should contact if there is a problem; can be found on the parking enforcement section.

In the absence of any parking restrictions such as double yellow lines, there is very little we can do to prevent parking. If the parking is causing obstruction to private accesses, this should be reported to the police. If the parking is dangerous, this should also be reported to the police.

There are no results that match your search criteria