Our use of cookies

We use strictly necessary cookies to make our site work. These cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of analytical cookies, click the 'Accept cookies' button. No, give me more information.
Accept cookies Reject analytical cookies Manage cookies

How would I begin to Electively Home Educate a child who is a pupil at a school?

How would I begin to Electively Home Educate a child who is a pupil at a school?

If your child is registered at a school you should write to the school's proprietor or Headteacher, saying that you are now educating your child at home, and you wish your child's name to be removed from the admission register. You could quote the regulation, 9(1)(c), The Education (Pupil Registration) Regulations 1996. The proprietor must then remove the child's name from the school roll. They must also inform Children's Services that the child has been de-registered. It is important that you do de-register your child in this way, otherwise they will still be expected to attend school regularly and you are at risk of prosecution if they do not.

And finally…

It is worth recognising that home education is not suitable for every young person or every family, or for all of the time.  If at any time you conclude that your child's best interests would be served by going to school, Children's Services will be happy to help you find a suitable place. Please contact:

School's Admissions

You can contact the Admissions team on 01785 278593 or email: admissions@staffordshire.gov.uk

There are no results that match your search criteria