Our use of cookies We use necessary cookies to make our site work. Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, website analytics and accessibility. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. For more information on how these cookies work, please see our privacy policy.

To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button. No, give me more info

What happens if I do not keep to the rules?

What happens if I do not keep to the rules?

If the parent or guardian fails to comply with any of the requirements outlined by the Magistrates, the youth offending service practitioner will attempt to find out the reasons why these requirements have not been met.

It is the duty of the practitioner to inform the police of any 'non-compliance' with the parenting order. The police can choose to prosecute the parent or guardian and a hearing will take place in the adult Magistrates Court.

The Magistrates are able to impose a fine of up to £1000 for non-compliance with a parenting order alongside other orders or a community sentence, e.g community rehabilitation order (formally a probation order).

There are no results that match your search criteria