Road works: East Staffordshire
The majority of road works are carried out by the utility companies such as gas, water, phone and electric companies. For more information on these road works please use the map below:
Please note: The information below only lists planned road improvements by the county council.
To report a road or lighting fault the easiest way is to report it online.
- A50 Growth Corridor. Estimated cost for Project A and B is £80 million. Started in Spring 2015.
- Creation of new access points, road realignment and speed lowering works on Branston Road in Branston. Started in May 2016. The works are expected to be completed on 6 October 2017.
- A Branston phase 2 development. These works are associated with the new high school, to include the removal of the existing road, construction of a new carriageway and roundabout together with a footway/cycleway, service diversion, new service installation and associated kerbing, road marking, traffic signs and street lighting. The works are expected to be completed in Summer 2018.
- We are carrying out essential major bridge works at St. Peters Bridge, Burton upon Trent. Our team will undertake vital strengthening work to the bridge structure, along with waterproofing the bridge deck and reconstructing the highway in its entirety.
- From approximately 17 September we will carry out highway works on Borough Road in Burton on Trent. Our team will be working with Network Rail’s contractor to deliver the highway works associated with access improvements to Burton Rail Station.
View recently completed roadworks in East Staffordshire