Borough Road, Burton on Trent
We are carrying out highway works on Borough Road in Burton on Trent. Our team will be working with Network Rail’s contractor to deliver the highway works associated with access improvements to Burton Rail Station.
The highway works scheme will include the following:
- The widening of Borough Road in the vicinity of Burton Station to create bus lay-bys in both an eastbound and westbound direction.
- The relocation of the existing zebra crossing facility on Borough Road to a point approximately 65m west of its existing location.
- The provision of a replacement area of footway on the south side of Borough Road outside the station.
- The provision of new bus shelters with Real Time Passenger Information.
- The creation of a dedicated right turn facility from Borough Road into the rail station.
- It is proposed to introduce a one-way system to the station car park as part of the works.
- The resurfacing of existing areas of footway and carriageway on Borough Road in the vicinity of the rail station.
It should be noted that Network Rail and the Station Operator – East Midlands Trains are proposing works to the station forecourt area to coincide with the highway works on Borough Road. These works include resurfacing of the forecourt and the relocation of the taxi rank.
When are the works taking place?
The earliest start date for the works is 17 September 2018.
When will the works be completed?
The works are expected to take approximately 8 weeks to complete.
Will I be able to access my home/business?
The site team will ensure that access to the station and businesses is maintained at all times.
What effect could the works have on me?
The works will involve footway closures on Borough Road and the use of two-way lights throughout the programme so some delay to journeys will be inevitable.
How you can help us
You can help us to get the job done with the minimum of fuss by following this advice:
- Please keep children away from the works to ensure their safety.
- Please drive appropriately past the works or around the diversion route.
- Check your shoes before entering your property or car to make sure there is no bitumen from the works.
If you have any questions about the work or concerns about how the work is being carried out, please do not hesitate to call our Contact Centre on 0300 111 8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calls charged at local rate