MacArthurGlen Designer Outlet, Cannock highways improvement scheme
Major works to provide access to McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Cannock and improve traffic flow on the roads around it have begun.
Cannock Chase District Council granted full planning permission for a designer outlet at Mill Green in September 2016, following extensive community consultation which resulted in majority local support.
On-site construction of McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Cannock has now started. When it opens in 2020, this new landmark retail destination and community hub will create 1,000 jobs for the local area.
As part of the development, McArthurGlen has committed £15 million to a highway improvements programme to facilitate additional traffic and ease congestion on roads.
We will carry out the road improvement works with our development partner Amey. The works will include:
- Access works and improvements on the A460 Eastern Way, Churchbridge interchange and Orbital Way.
- Widening the A460 Eastern Way to a dual carriageway and creating slip roads to the designer outlet.
- A new underpass and access to the site from the A460. New footpaths and cycle ways will also be installed. Note: Before we have built the underpass, we will build a temporary road so that the A460 doesn't need closures during peak times and traffic can continue to flow.
- Widening both the eastern and western A460 legs at the Churchbridge junction to provide two lanes in both directions.
- Widening Orbital Way on the eastbound side, improving the Lodge Lane and Churchbridge roundabouts and installing new toucan crossings on Eastern Way.
When are the works taking place?
The works started on 29 October 2018.
When will the works be completed?
The works are expected to take approximately 72 weeks to complete.
We will be issuing regular information updates to residents, businesses and the media throughout the scheme so they will be aware of any changes in traffic management.
Will the main road be closed?
No. The A460 Eastern Way will remain open at all times – however traffic management will be in place for the duration of the scheme. Traffic signals are necessary to ensure the safety of the workforce.
Our contact centre is available on 0300 111 8000 at the following times:
- Monday to Thursday: 8am to 8pm
- Friday: 8am to 6pm
- Saturday: 9am to 5pm
If your enquiry is of a specific nature they will put you in contact with a member of the project team.
Sign up for the MacArthurGlen Designer Outlet update here.
You can also find out more about the MacArthurGlen Designer Outlet at the designer outlet cannock website.