You can request the following crossings: central refuges, zebra, puffin or toucan crossings.
Requesting a crossing
Please contact us to discuss any issues that could be resolved by using methods other than crossings.
Please note: A pedestrian crossing will only be considered if other traffic calming measures are not effective.
If you would still like to request a crossing you should ask for support from your local Councillor. You would then need to make your request for pedestrian crossings in writing to:
Customer Service Centre
2 Staffordshire Place
What happens when a request is made?
When you request a crossing we will look into the following:
- Accident records involving pedestrians
- amount of traffic (both vehicles and pedestrians)
- any difficulties faced from traffic speed
- how long pedestrians have to wait to cross the road
- the location (close to schools or stations)
- what type of crossing would be best
Report a problem
If you notice an issue with a pedestrian crossing, including any problems with lighting, you can report the issue online.