Vehicle access crossing (dropped kerb)
A dropped kerb or a vehicle access crossing allows vehicles to safely cross the pavement and enter a driveway from the road.
Please ensure that all requirements have been read and fully understood. If you submit an application knowing that certain requirements cannot be met your application will be refused and the administration charge is not refundable.
When submitting your application form please ensure that you have the following information or your application will be declined.
- Fully completed application form
- A plan of the proposed dropped kerb, with dimensions
- Copy of planning approval if the property is on an A, B or C road.
How to apply
The easiest way to apply is by completing the online form, alternatively you can apply by completing the below forms and send them to email@example.com
Schedule of Network Management Charges 2017/18 (53 KB)
Vehicle Access Crossing information pack (582 KB)
Parking over a dropped kerb
Section 243 of The Highway code.
Do not stop or park:
- Where the kerb has been lowered to help wheelchair users and powered mobility scooters.
- In front of an entrance to a property.
- Anywhere you would prevent access for emergency services.
You can also apply for a white line (Access Protection Marking) to be placed outside of your property.
Further information and guidance
Please contact the Network Control Hub for advice on 0300 111 8000.