Highways Pre-Application Advice
We welcome and encourage discussions before a developer submits a planning application to the Borough or District Councils or ourselves. Past experience has shown the discussions result in an improved application that is more likely to be successfully approved.
What are the benefits?
- Potentially reducing the time and cost involved in working up proposals including that of your professional advisers
- Reducing the subsequent cost of abortive applications
- Information on what you need to provide with your application
- Help speed up the decision making process once an application has been submitted
What does the advice cover?
- Relevant policies and guidance
- The relevant level of detail and supporting information necessary to provide a valid assessment of highways and transport issues
- Whether a contribution towards highways and/or transport improvements is likely to be required
- Where a Transport Statement/Assessment is required, determine the content, preparation and presentation that is likely to satisfy our requirements
- Suitability of access arrangements (may require separate concept design check with associated fees)
- Identification of work required concerning highway improvements as a result of your proposal
How to apply
We offer a number of services, with an appropriate fee, which are geared around the type and size of your proposed development. We offer two types of application and payment:
Online - Complete the application form, upload your documents and pay online via https://apps2.staffordshire.gov.uk/web/onlineorder You can also register which allows you to recall your previous applications and auto-fill your contact details if you have many applications.
Email/Post - Complete the application form below and either email or post it to us with your relevant documents. This method requires payment by cheque.
Further details are available in the information pack below.
For email/post applications, they should be sent to email@example.com or posted to:
Staffordshire County Council
Infrastructure Development & Improvements
Staffordshire Place 1
We also work within a planning policy framework and liaise closely with our in-house specialists in Planning, Natural and Historic Environment, Flood Risk Management and Schools Organisation who can provide a wide range of similar pre-application advice to assist developers in preparing to submit planning applications. If you use our online application and payment facility you can also apply and pay for any of these disciplines as required at the same time.