Bus Passes for Under Twenties
The Your Staffordshire Card scheme is ending on 31 August 2019
Staffordshire County Council like many councils are facing unprecedented financial challenges not of our making due to the increasing costs of funding adult social care and children’s care – at a time when national funding to councils continues to fall.
The decision has been made to phase out financial support for the Your Staffordshire Card (YSC) youth scheme. Please contact your bus company to see what alternatives are available.
This means that from 31 August 2019 the pass will no longer be accepted for discounted travel on buses. We will honour passes to that date.
Please note if passes are lost and the £10 replacement fee is paid, the cardholder will not receive a 12 month pass, but one with an expiry of 31 August 2019.
Any cardholders that have a card with an expiry date later than 31 August 2019 will be considered null and void after this date.
If you wish to comment pleaseemail firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November 2018. Individual responses will not be provided but all comments will be noted.
What is the Your Staffordshire card?
The 'Your Staffordshire Card' scheme allows young people to get discounted travel on single bus journeys starting or ending within the county council boundary, and can be used 24/7. Please note this scheme ends on 31 August 2019.
Am I eligible?
If you are aged between 11 and 19 years old and live in Staffordshire you can get a 'Your Staffordshire Card' regardless of whether you're at school, university, working or looking to get a job.
You can use it on any single bus journey which starts or ends within the County Council boundary.
How much does it cost?
There is a fee of £10 for a card that will expire 31 August 2019.
There is also a £10 charge for replacements and to change from an 11-15 to 16-19 card. You will not receive a 12 month pass, but one with an expiry of 31 August 2019.
It will cost £1.30 per single journey beginning or ending in the Staffordshire County Council area until 31 August 2019 when the scheme ends. After this date you will need to pay a normal fare.
How do I apply?
If you want to apply for or renew a bus pass, the easiest way is to apply or renew online. You can also replace lost or stolen cards this way.
You will need:
- An email address (with their approval this can be an email address from friends or family)
- A webcam or a digital camera or an existing digital image
- Proof of identity such as a passport or driving licence with photograph
- Proof of residency in Staffordshire - for example a utilities bill (less than 3 months old), bank or building society statement, benefit statement, pension statement, driving licence, council tax bill, etc.
- Proof of your disability if necessary
- Your old bus pass if you need a renewal
Applying in person
Please go to your nearest main library.
You will need:
- Take proof of ID, your age and your address
- If you are 15 or under your parent or guardian will need to be with you
- You don't need to bring a photo, it will be taken there and then
- You won't have to fill in any paper forms
Which library can I apply with?
You can apply at the below libraries:
Problems with applying?
Please contact us so we can help.
Do you have a question?
Please see the FAQ page for further information.