Bus Passes for Under Twenties
The 'Your Staffordshire Card' scheme allows young people to get discounted travel on single bus journeys starting or ending within the county council boundary, and can be used 24/7.
Am I eligible?
If you are aged between 11 and 19 years old and live in Staffordshire you can get a 'Your Staffordshire Card' regardless of whether you're at school, university, working or looking to get a job.
You can use it on any single bus journey which starts or ends within the County Council boundary.
How much does it cost?
There is an annual fee of £10.
There is also a £10 charge for replacements and to change from an 11-15 to 16-19 card.
It will cost £1.30 per single journey beginning or ending in the Staffordshire County Council area.
Recent changes to the service
Based on a major operator the average fare is £2.23 therefore the saving per journey is £0.93 for a 16-19 year old. Used twice a day for college for example would save £9.30 a week, college is usually 33 weeks of the year therefore resulting in a saving of over £300.
If you already have a 'Your Staffordshire Card', you do not need to pay £10 unless you turn 16, when you will need to apply for another card.
Be sure to read the terms and conditions before you apply and please note that the card is not available to people living or travelling within Stoke-On-Trent.
How do I apply?
If you want to apply for or renew a bus pass, the easiest way is to apply or renew online. You can also replace lost or stolen cards this way.
You will need:
- An email address (with their approval this can be an email address from friends or family)
- A webcam or a digital camera or an existing digital image
- Proof of identity such as a passport or driving licence with photograph
- Proof of residency in Staffordshire - for example a utilities bill (less than 3 months old), bank or building society statement, benefit statement, pension statement, driving licence, council tax bill, etc.
- Proof of your disability if necessary
- Your old bus pass if you need a renewal
Applying in person
Please go to your nearest main library.
You will need:
- Take proof of ID, your age and your address
- If you are 15 or under your parent or guardian will need to be with you
- You don't need to bring a photo, it will be taken there and then
- You won't have to fill in any paper forms
Which library can I apply with?
You can apply at the below libraries:
Problems with applying?
Please contact us so we can help.
Do you have a question?
Please see the FAQ page for further information.