Bus Passes for Under Twenties
Am I eligible?
If you are between 11 and 19 years old and live in Staffordshire you can get a 'Your Staffordshire Card'.
You can use it on any single bus journey which starts or ends within the County Council boundary.
Please note: the offer doesn't apply to people who live, or travel within Stoke-on-Trent.
You can get a card regardless of whether you are at school, university, are working, or looking to get a job. Be sure to read the terms and conditions before you apply.
How much does it cost?
There is an annual fee of £10.
There is also a £10 charge for replacements and to change from an 11-15 to 16-19 card.
- 11-15 year olds - £1.20 per single journey
- 16-19 year olds - £1.30 per single journey
If you want to apply for or renew a bus pass, the easiest way is to apply or renew online. You can also replace lost or stolen cards this way.
You will need:
- An email address (with their approval this can be an email address from friends or family)
- A webcam or a digital camera or an existing digital image
- Proof of identity such as a passport or driving licence with photograph
- Proof of residency in Staffordshire - for example a utilities bill (less than 3 months old), bank or building society statement, benefit statement, pension statement, driving licence, council tax bill, etc.
- Proof of your disability if necessary
- Your old bus pass if you need a renewal
Applying in person
Please go to your nearest main library.
Which library can I go to?
What do I need to bring?
- Take proof of ID, your age and your address
- If you are 15 or under your parent or guardian will need to be with you
- You don't need to bring a photo, it will be taken there and then
- You won't have to fill in any paper forms
Problems with applying?
Please contact us so we can help.
Do you have a question?
Please see the FAQ page for further information.