What categories of disability qualify for a disabled pass?
- What categories of disability qualify for a disabled pass?
You may qualify for a bus pass if you have a disability that would come under one of the following categories:
- Blind or partially sighted
- Severely or profoundly deaf
- Without speech
- Walking disability*
- Refused a driving licence*
- Loss of the use of both arms
- Learning disability – significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning*
* If you are applying on the walking disability or refused driving licence criteria you may need to be assessed. Assessments are carried out by independent assessors on behalf of Staffordshire County Council in accordance with the Department for Transport’s ‘guidance to local authorities on assessing eligibility of disabled people in England for concessionary bus travel’. Any evidence you supply to the independent assessors will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act and is used solely by Staffordshire County Council.
*If you are applying on the learning disability category please see the information sheet to see if you are eligible. If you still wish to apply please supply the evidence requested or complete and evidence form below: