We use cookies on this site We and our partners use cookies and collect information from your browser. This lets us deliver content and relevant adverts to you. It also helps us to understand our audience better. See our privacy policy to learn more about how we manage your data and your rights. See our cookies policy to see how we use cookies and tracking technology. To agree to our use of cookies, click the 'Accept' button.

How do I apply for disabled person's pass?

How do I apply for disabled person's pass?

How to apply online

You can apply online and upload the evidence required.

Problems with applying?

Please contact us so we can help.

To apply in person

To apply in person you can go to your Staffordshire County Council managed local library. Library staff will take your photo and process your application. It will take 7-10 working days for the pass to be processed.  

You will need to have the following proof with you to apply:

  • Proof of your identity
  • Proof of where you live
  • Your current or expired pass if you need a renewal
  • Proof of your disability (one of the items listed below)...
    • BD8 or CVI form
    • an audiology report
    • sensory loss card/certificate or letter
    • award letter from DLA stating you are in receipt of the higher rate mobility component
    • letter from DVLA stating your driving licence has been surrendered or revoked
    • statement of special needs (severe learning disability)
    • award letter for PIP scored at 8 points or more for communicating verbally or moving around

* If you are applying on the walking disability or refused driving licence criteria you may need to be assessed. Assessments are carried out by independent assessors on behalf of Staffordshire County Council in accordance with the Department for Transport’s ‘guidance to local authorities on assessing eligibility of disabled people in England for concessionary bus travel’. Any evidence you supply to the independent assessors will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act and is used solely by Staffordshire County Council.

There are no results that match your search criteria

Share this information
  • facebook17
  • twitter17
  • google17
  • intagram17
  • email17