How do I apply for disabled person's pass?
- How do I apply for disabled person's pass?
How to apply online
You can apply online and upload the evidence required.
Problems with applying?
Please contact us so we can help.
To apply in person
To apply in person you can go to your local library. Library staff will take your photo, process your application and mail out your pass. It will take 7-10 working days for the pass to be processed. Please visit one of the following libraries: Biddulph, Burntwood, Burton, Cannock, Cheadle, Clayton, Codsall, Eccleshall, Kidsgrove, Leek, Lichfield, Newcastle, Penkridge, Perton, Rugeley, Stafford, Stone, Tamworth, Uttoxeter, Wombourne
You will need to have the following proof with you to apply:
- Proof of your identity
- Proof of where you live
- Your current or expired pass if you need a renewal
- Proof of your disability (one of the items listed below)...
- BD8 or CVI form
- an audiology report
- sensory loss card/certificate or letter
- award letter from DLA stating you are in receipt of the higher rate mobility component
- letter from DVLA stating your driving licence has been surrendered or revoked
- statement of special needs (severe learning disability)
- award letter for PIP scored at 8 points or more for communicating verbally or moving around
* If you are applying on the walking disability or refused driving licence criteria you will need to be assessed. Assessments are carried out by independent assessors on behalf of Staffordshire County Council in accordance with the Department for Transport’s ‘guidance to local authorities on assessing eligibility of disabled people in England for concessionary bus travel’. Any evidence you supply to the independent assessors will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act and is used solely by Staffordshire County Council.