Bradwell Lane improvements
In Autumn 2018 we will be carrying out road safety improvements on Bradwell Lane, Newcastle. We will install a series of speed reduction measures along the road including:
- 19 sets of speed cushions,
- road markings to narrow the road
- Parking bays widened to narrow the road width
- The existing pedestrian crossing near to the shops at Hanbridge Avenue will also be raised.
Four trees will also be removed along Clare Avenue, Arnold Grove and Bradwell Lane junction in order to improve visibility.
Plans for the road safety scheme will go on community display on Thursday 14 June from 3pm to 6pm at Bradwell Lodge, Bradwell Lane, ST5 8PS. Members of the project team will be on hand to answer any questions.
When are the works taking place?
Works to improve safety along Bradwell Lane is scheduled to begin in the autumn.
How long will the works take?
It will take approximately 10 weeks to complete the works.
Will I be able to access my home/business?
While work takes place temporary traffic lights and stop-go boards will be in use. Access to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times.
How you can help us
It would be much appreciated if you could ensure vehicles are not parked on the road during the day whilst the work is in progress. Should this cause any problems or concerns then please do not hesitate to call the number below or alternatively speak to the construction crew on site to allow arrangements to be put in place.
You can also help us to get the job done with the minimum of fuss by following this advice:
- Please keep children away from the works to ensure their safety.
- Please drive appropriately through the works.
- Check your shoes before entering your property or car to make sure there is no bitumen from the works.
If you have any questions about the work or, concerns about how the work is being carried out, please do not hesitate to call our Contact Centre on 0300 111 8000 or email BradwellLaneImprovements@staffordshire.gov.uk
Calls charged at local rate