It’s easy to walk around Staffordshire because we’ve got more walking routes than ever.
There are lots of great reasons to walk to work or school -
- Healthier - you'll burn calories and get fitter as well as improving your long term health, just from walking a couple of journeys a week. Walking really sets children up for the school day.
- Stress free - you'll blow away the cobwebs and avoid the traffic jams.
- Affordable - you'll have a bit more money in your pocket at the end of the week with savings on fuel, parking or bus fares.
- Convenient - you'll be totally in control when you're on foot, there's no timetable or peak times, no traffic jams or queuing for tickets, so you can be more flexible.
- Enjoyable - we've got all sorts of great routes which go through nature reserves, along waterways, through parks and even castle grounds - a great way to start your day. Find out about leisure and organised walks.
Walk it is a travel planning tool to help you put together a personalised plan for walking. It gives you a route between any two points and calculates the journey time, calories burned, step count and carbon saving. Use it on your computer or download it to your smartphone.