Getting INTO Staffordshire with public transport is the convenient option, with more buses than ever and the role out of real time passenger information on the horizon you can plan your journey and keep on the move.
Why use public transport?
- Because it’s better use of your time – with free WIFI on buses and trains you can catch up on emails, send texts, read the paper, plan for the day ahead or just relax, leaving the stress of the drive to someone else.
- Because it’s convenient – the bus and the train can get you right into town, when often if you drive to work you have to park miles away and trek in with all your stuff.
- Because it’s affordable – you might be surprised if you work out the ‘real cost’ of driving your car – MOT, tax, tyre wear, fuel, parking etc, mean that public transport is often the cheaper option, especially if you use season tickets and discounts.
Travelling INTO Staffs by bus will be even easier with a range of new benefits, to be rolled out countywide when funding permits, including -
- WiFi on selected bus services
- Real Time Passenger Information - in partnership with bus operators we will be providing passengers with the confidence and assurance that they are waiting at the correct stop, and an accurate prediction of when the next bus is due to arrive.
- Taster tickets - Arriva will be providing bus taster tickets for sections of the community to promote sustainable travel and aim to cut car journeys.
Overall, the delivery of RTPI and free Wi-Fi on buses will provide a step-change in the quality and functionality of the public transport network in Stafford, and enable buses to provide a real and credible alternative to travel by car.
Could you travel by bus or rail instead of using the car? Check out the timetables for Staffordshire bus travel or National Rail for more information on timings and prices.