Volunteering at your library is flexible, and designed around your interests.
If you want to:
we have something to suit you.
How you can help
With new and varied voluntary roles in libraries across Staffordshire, some of the things you can do include:
- Helping your community to discover all your library has to offer
- Support housebound people to access books and information
- Running community events
- Helping people to get online and learn IT skills
- Enrol on our new ‘Volunteering Speaks Volumes’ accredited qualification
- Taking part in our Reading Hack volunteer opportunities for 13-24 year olds
The possibilities are endless.
Reasons to volunteer in your library
Over 500 people have expressed an interest to find out more about volunteering. 200 have already joined our volunteer team.
5 reasons to volunteer at Your Library:
- You have the time - all we ask is two hours a week
- Make new friends
- Develop new skills and put a shine on your CV
- Anyone can volunteer - you don't need qualifications or particular skills
- Make a difference to your community
Apply now or register your interest
Two hours a week can make all the difference. You could change your own life and the lives of those in your community, by helping to make your library a great place to be for future generations.
If you would like to know more or want to have a chat about volunteering you can: