The Schools' Library Service lends resources to nursery, primary, special and secondary schools.
Books Lent for the Whole Year
Library Support Collection for Secondary Schools
- Fiction books which are hired for one year can be rehired each year.
- Half of the book stock can be exchanged each year to help maintain an up-to-date, high quality resource collection.
- For those schools who use the Accelerated Reader scheme, most of our fiction books have AR labels detailing quiz numbers, levels and points.
Reading for Pleasure Core Collection for Nursery, Primary and Special Schools
- Books are hired for one year and can be rehired each year.
- The books are ideal for use in the school or classroom library to support independent learning, wider reading and reading for pleasure.
- One third of stock can be exchanged free of charge each year to help maintain an up-to-date, high quality resource collection.
- Most of our fiction books have Accelerated Reader labels.
One Term Resources
How to Borrow Resources
You can make an appointment to visit our headquarters at Drummond Road, where you can select stock personally. Alternatively, our experienced and knowledgeable staff will select the resources on your behalf in response to a request by telephone, email or post or via our online ordering facility. Provided that you request a minimum of 30 books, or a one term resource, we will arrange for free delivery and collection.