If you are a young person interested in apprenticeships information is available on the national apprenticeships website.
What are apprenticeships?
- Apprentices are employees of the county council and work alongside our staff to learn job-specific skills.
- All of our apprentices are allocated to a supportive manager who will ensure that they get the very best from their time.
- Normally lasting between 12 and 15 months, placements can start at any time of the year.
- Our apprentices usually go to a recognised college on a day – release basis, where they receive training towards working towards nationally recognised qualifications.
- Apprentices are paid at £2.60 per hour and can be Annual or Term Time.
- You don't have to pay for Apprenticeships.
What are the benefits of an apprenticeship?
- Earning a wage
- Paid holidays
- Learn job specific skills
- A huge advantage in a competitive job market
- You don’t pay a penny
Who are apprenticeships for?
We are recruiting for Business Administration, Catering, Caretaking and Information Technology (ICT) Apprentices. We’re looking for people who are happy to work as part of a team and individually, and use their initiative.