Your local support team
A local support team is a team of children's service professionals who work with children, young people and families living within a particular geographical area.
You may have worked with a member of a local support team in the past.
Their work is focused on meeting additional targeted, non-social work needs, predominantly level 3.
You can find a list of teams and contact details at the bottom of this page.
How do I get help from my local support team?
Please see the getting access to support page.
How can I work with my local support team?
For those children and young people that need additional help it is vital that you work together with your local support team to provide a clear package of support.
What do they do?
A local support team will:
- Ensure that the needs of children and families are met as early as possible and prevented from getting worse.
- Be a single, local point of contact for accessing targeted support services.
- Provide a co-ordinated response to meeting the needs of your pupils.
- Work with children and families in 4 main ways:
- Consultation and advice
- Individual case work
- Group and family work
- Whole school work.
Contact numbers for the teams:
Staffordshire Moorlands District
- Biddulph and Leek 01782 297812
- Kidsgrove, Madeley and Chesterton 01782 485044
South Staffordshire District
- North and South 01902 506160
- Stafford - North and South 01785 854080
East Staffordshire Borough
- Uttoxeter, Stapenhill and Paget 01283 239617
- Wilnecote and Glascote 01827 782004
- Burntwood and Lichfield 01543 334797
- Rugeley, Cannock East and Cannock West 01543 512318