Parks, Picnic Areas and Greenways
Our country parks and picnic areas are great places to take a walk, enjoy nature or get active. Click on the links below to find out more about the sites.
*** HIGH FIRE RISK – your help required ***
With high summer temperatures and no rain, our countryside sites are on high alert for fire risk.
Please help us by following this advice:
- No barbecues – even in usually designated areas;
- No camp fires;
- Please do not smoke in high risk areas of bracken or grass and ensure all cigarettes are put out properly
- Clear away bottles, glasses and broken glass to avoid magnifying the sun;
- Do not throw cigarettes from car windows;
- If you see a fire dial 999 immediately;
- If off the beaten track find a landmark such as a church, farm, or pub to use as a reference;
- Where fires are being tackled some roads and paths may be closed – please heed warning signs and avoid these areas to keep safe and enable fire and ranger crews to deal with the fires;
- Some routes may be closed due to fire risk – please avoid these routes.