Rural enterprise programme
**Please note: Grant applications for rural enterprise programme are now closed**
Rural enterprise programme grants were available to help businesses across Staffordshire and areas of Stoke-on-Trent to develop under-utilised commercial premises or construct new workspaces.
The minimum amount of grant available was £10,000, and could be used towards the cost of building improvement works, helping to increase productivity and create new job opportunities.
The Programme operates across both urban and rural areas of Staffordshire and some rural areas of Stoke on Trent.
The total project fund is around £5 million and the Programme runs until the end of June 2019.
- Capital grants of a minimum of £10,000 were available, or up to 40% of the total eligible costs of the project, whichever is the lowest.
- Grant awards are discretionary and will be at the minimum required to enable the project to proceed.
- SME must be able to provide a minimum of 60% as match funding.
- No advance payments could be made. Payments could be released when key stages of the project have been completed.
- Applications must be made and approved before work starts.
Rural enterprise programme team
2 Staffordshire Place
Telephone: 01785 277400
Hilary Foxley – Rural Enterprise Programme Manager
Julie Hall – Rural Enterprise Programme Support Officer
Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire Growth Hub can be contacted on: Tel: 0300 111 8002.