Admission to Primary and Middle Schools
If your child's 5th birthday is between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 then you will need to apply for a place at First, Infant or Primary School.
If your child will be in year 4 at a First School in September 2016 then you will need to apply for a place at Middle School.
Choosing a school
Our online search and compare tool will help you to find information about your nearest schools, including performance information, teacher/pupil ratios and much more. Please also see the open evening/morning dates for middle school.
When can I apply?
Online applications have now closed. You can still make a late application by using the paper form and either:
School Admissions and Transport Service
Staffordshire County Council
2 Staffordshire Place
Late applications for Staffordshire's Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools will be considered alongside those applications received on time wherever possible. Where it is not practicable, then late applications will be considered only after those that were made on time. If you are making a late application for a catholic, trust, academy or out of county school, it will be for the relevant school/academy or local authority to decide if your application will be considered alongside on time applications.
What if I have a problem when I apply?
Call us on 0300 111 8007 and select the option for 'School Admissions and Transport' or email email@example.com so we can help you.
- You are strongly advised to make more than one preference. Failure to do so could have repercussions for the distance your child will have to travel to school. Also you will not gain an advantage by only listing one.
- Be realistic about the schools you apply for. We recommend you include your catchment school as one of your preferences. Otherwise you will not be considered for a place there.
- We consider all applications at the same time. Priority is not given to those who put the school as a first preference, or on a 'first come first served' basis.
- Wherever possible, we will aim to offer a place at the most preferred school. Last year 92% of Staffordshire children received an offer of their first preference and 98% got one of their top 3.
- Understand the admissions criteria for each of your preferred schools. This will enable you to assess what order of priority will be given for each school.
- If you are applying for an Academy, Trust or Voluntary Aided school you may need to provide extra information or submit a supplementary form.
- It is your responsibility to provide any supportive information e. g. baptismal certificate or medical evidence. The Local Authority will not seek to get this information on your behalf.