How to apply for free school travel

Changing school in September?

You will get advice on how to apply for help with travel when your child moves school.

This is as part of the general admissions process. For example starting primary school or moving from primary to secondary school.

Applications during the year

If you need to apply for travel help at other times, complete the application form either online or by post.

It may take up to 20 working days after receipt of your application to arrange travel assistance.

You are expected to make and pay for your own travel arrangements during this time. 

Applying online

The quickest and easiest way is to complete the online application form.


Any personal data collected through your application for school travel is handled securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.

We will use the information to process your application for school travel.

The County Council uses personal information about children and families to enable it to provide relevant services to them and to carry out specific functions for which it is responsible.

For more detailed information please see our data information pages

Income assessed travel assistance

Applications should always be made by filling in the income assessed travel application form no matter when you want travel assistance to begin.

There are no results that match your criteria.

Share this information
  • facebook17
  • twitter17
  • google17
  • intagram17
  • email17