When would free travel assistance not be provided?
- When would free travel assistance not be provided?
The following are some examples of when free travel assistance is unlikely to be provided-
- to/from breakfast or before or after school clubs or activities
- to/from work experience, taster or open days
- to/from part-time provision off the school site organized by the school e.g. to vocational classes at a college
- movement between educational establishments/sites
- to/from temporary addresses
- to/from child minders, friends or other family members addresses
- to students on exchange visits – the receiving family are responsible for arranging and paying for any transport required
- to/from dental, clinical, medical or hospital appointments
- at a differing time due to detention or after school activities
- due to parental work or childcare arrangements
- to/from any site other than the registered main base of the school at which the pupil is registered
- due to family financial circumstances except where the income assessed criteria are met