Funded education for 2 year olds

Are we eligible?

If the family claims any one of the following, the answer is yes:

  • Income Support
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
  • Child Tax Credit and have an Annual income not over £16,190 (CTC)
  • Working Tax Credit and have an Annual income not over £16,190 (WTC)
  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • Support through Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
  • The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • Universal Credit**

Two year olds are also eligible if they:

  • Have a current statement of SEN or an Education, Health and Care plan (EHC) *
  • Attract Disability Living Allowance (DLA) *
  • They are Looked after by their Local Authority
  • Have left care through special guardianship or through an adoption or residence order *

* Documentation will be required as proof where an application is made against these additional criteria. Copies of the documentation can be posted or emailed to the Think2 Team.

** Families who apply through Universal Credit and earn £15,400 - £16,190 per year but have to provide a Universal Credit Award letter as evidence due to a declined online or paper application, will have their application for Think2 reviewed no earlier than 1 April 2018. This is due to a government consultation into the earnings threshold for Universal Credit only.

Please note: If your circumstances change your funded place will not be taken away.

When will my child be eligible?

If your child is born between:

  • 1 January - 31 March, funded places can start in the summer term (from 1 April)
  • 1 April - 31 August, funded places can start in the autumn term (from 1 September)
  • 1 September - 31 December, funded places can start in the spring term (from 1 January)

How do I apply?

The quickest and easiest way is to apply online.

Or you can print out, complete and return the appliocation form to the address below:

Staffordshire Think2 Central Team
Staffordshire County Council
ST16 2DH 

Where are the places?

Funded places should be taken at a good or outstanding OfSTED graded setting to ensure the best care and learning opportunities for your child.

The family service directory offers more information about finding local childcare. Just enter your home postcode or town.

Further information 

For more information please see the FAQs page and the leaflet below: 

If you have any other questions please contact us.

There are no results that match your criteria.

Share this information
  • facebook17
  • twitter17
  • google17
  • intagram17
  • email17