Funded education for 3 and 4 year olds
When will my child be eligible?
If your child is born between:
- 1 January - 31 March, funded places can start in the summer term (from 1 April)
- 1 April - 31 August, funded places can start in the autumn term (from 1 September)
- 1 September - 31 December, funded places can start in the spring term (from 1 January)
How do I claim a funded place?
- Contact your childcare provider.
- They will submit a claim on your behalf.
- The childcare provider is paid the funding directly. You do not receive any money or vouchers.
- The funded places are then deducted from your childcare bill.
For more information please see the leaflet below:
Where are funded places available?
Your child can attend any childcare provider that is registered to provide funded places. This is so long as they have places available.
- Day nurseries (private, voluntary or independent)
- Pre-schools, playgroups and wraparound childcare (academy or governor run)
- Maintained nursery schools and classes
- Out of school care and holiday clubs
Find out more about the different childcare options in your area.