Funded education for 3 and 4 year olds

When will my child be eligible?

If your child is born between:

  • 1 January - 31 March, funded places can start in the summer term (from 1 April)
  • 1 April - 31 August, funded places can start in the autumn term (from 1 September)

  • 1 September - 31 December, funded places can start in the spring term (from 1 January)

How do I claim a funded place?

  • Contact your childcare provider.
  • They will submit a claim on your behalf.
  • The childcare provider is paid the funding directly. You do not receive any money or vouchers.
  • The funded places are then deducted from your childcare bill.

For more information please see the leaflet below:

Where are funded places available? 

Your child can attend any childcare provider that is registered to provide funded places. This is so long as they have places available.

Providers include:

  • Childminders
  • Day nurseries (private, voluntary or independent)
  • Pre-schools, playgroups and wraparound childcare (academy or governor run)
  • Maintained nursery schools and classes
  • Out of school care and holiday clubs

Find out more about the different childcare options in your area.

There are no results that match your criteria.

Share this information
  • facebook17
  • twitter17
  • google17
  • intagram17
  • email17