For children to get the best out of their time at school they need to be sure that they, or their parents, can sort out any problems, concerns or difficulties that might arise.
The links on the left of this page will lead you to information about who can help if there is a concern you want to talk about.
- Attendance gives information about the law on school attendance and links to details of who to contact if there is a problem.
- The employment of children is governed by law. This page explains when children can work, what sort of jobs they can do and how to apply to a work licence.
- Parents claiming some benefits are also entitled to claim free school meals for their children. This page tells you who can claim and how.
Help for parents who have concerns about their child's attendance or welfare at school or who have queries about free school meals or child employment will be found by following the links detailed above which will take you to information about the Education Welfare Service.
The links detailed below will take you to pages which give details about how other support services of the local authority may be able to help you.
- Exclusion from school is also governed by law. Our Exclusions pages give further information and links to the website for the Advisory Centre for Education (ACE), a charity that can provide parents with information about exclusions and other educational concerns.
- Our children in care pages are for children who are 'in care', their families and friends. They explain what this means and what support these children get.
- Our Special Educational Needs (SEN) pages give details of how Staffordshire County Council helps schools support pupils who might need extra help to get the most from their education.
- Staffordshire's SEND Local Offer - Aims to provide information on what services you can expect from local agencies including education, health and social care. Simply click on the age range that applies to you, or your child if you are a parent or carer.