Registering a still birth
When should I register?
Still birth registrations must be made within 42 days.
Who can register?
Find out who can register a still birth on the Gov.uk website.
Book a registration appointment
Registration is made so that your wellbeing is taken into account. Details will be discussed when you book the appointment.
Please contact us to book an appointment. Registration is free but you will need to pay for additional certificates.
What do I bring with me?
Please bring the following with you to your appointment:
- A medical certifcate from your midwife or doctor
- place and date of birth of the baby
- sex of the baby
- the baby's name and last name, if you want to name the baby
- your names, places of birth and occupations
- mother's maiden name.
What do I get?
After the appointment the registrar will give you:
- a certificate of registration
- still birth certificate
- a certificate for burial or cremation