Baby naming ceremonies
What is a naming ceremony for?
A naming ceremony is a non religious way to welcome a new child into the family. They can also celebrate adoptive children and step children forming part of a new family.
During the ceremony the following will happen:
- The celebrant will welcome your child into the family and announce the names you have chosen.
- Poems and readings from a wide selection can be read by the celebrant, or family and friends.
- Parents and chosen adults can make promises of commitment to the child.
- Grandparents and absent relatives can also be part of the ceremony.
- A certificate to commemorate the day will be signed and presented to you.
Where can the ceremony be held?
Naming ceremonies are available at registration offices and all of the approved venues.
How much does it cost?
Ceremony costs differ depending on the venue and the time chosen.
View a list of our fees and charges for ceremonies.
How to book?
You can book by calling 0300 111 8001 or to arrange for a call back please contact us.