Nationality checking service
As of 30 November 2018 Local Authorities will cease to offer the Settlement Checking Service and Nationality Document Return Service, customers can now apply online via gov.uk.
As of 31 December 2018 Local Authorities will cease to provide the Nationality Checking Service and customers can now apply online via Gov.uk.
New UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services
From 9 November 2018, the majority of customers will complete their applications online then attend 1 of 57 new service centres in the UK named UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services, managed by a commercial partner, Sopra Steria. Customers will attend an appointment at a service centre to submit their biometric information (photo and fingerprints), and supporting evidence (including proof of identity). To learn more about the new services please visit the UKVI information page on Gov.uk.
Assisted Digital Service
UKVI have set up an Assisted Digital support service that is available to customers who do not have the appropriate access, skills or confidence to complete an online application form. The Assisted Digital Service aims to ensure that nobody is excluded from making an immigration application due to lack of digital skills or access to a computer. Eligible customers are offered telephone support, or face to face support at a library or their home, to help them access and complete the online form. This service does not provide immigration advice. For more information and contact details for the Assisted Digital service visit the Assisted Digital page on Gov.uk.
- Phone: 03333 445 675
- Text message: text the word “VISA” to 07537416944
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include a telephone number you can be contacted on if possible).
What is the nationality checking service for?
We offer this optional checking service in partnership with the Home Office. It aims to help people to apply for British Citizenship and helps to reduce delays in the application process.
The service will:
- make sure that your application form is completed correctly
- check, copy and certify your passport and other original documents
- make sure that you have provided the right payment
- send your application safely to the Home Office by guaranteed next day delivery.
How do I book?
For enquiries and appointments please contact us.
How much does it cost?
Charges for the nationality checking service vary depending on who it is for.
- Adult applications are £60 each.
- Child applications are £35 each.
- A married couple who live together can apply at the same time for a total cost of £90.
- A married couple and up to two children can apply at the same time for a total cost of £110.
To find out more about gaining British Citizenship view the Home Office website.