Armed Forces Community Covenant
The Covenant is a promise from the nation ensuring that those who serve or have served in the Armed Forces, and their families, are treated fairly.
The Staffordshire Armed Forces Covenant was originally signed by the Leader of Staffordshire County Council, military representatives and other organisations in 2012, with a re-signing taking place in 2015.
The Staffordshire Armed Forces Covenant Partnership is working with the armed forces to help and support current and former service personnel and their families in the local area.
We are also encouraging Staffordshire businesses, community groups and individuals to work with us to pledge their support to armed forces personnel and their families as well as reservists and veterans.
The aims of the Staffordshire Armed Forces Covenant are to:
- encourage local communities to support the armed forces community in their areas and to nurture public understanding and awareness among the public of issues affecting the armed forces community
- recognise and remember the sacrifices faced by the armed forces community
- encourage activities which help to integrate the armed forces community into local life
- encourage the armed forces community to help and support the wider community, whether through participation in events and joint projects, or other forms of engagement
The Covenant Fund
In June 2015 the Ministry of Defence launched a new £10m annual Covenant Fund demonstrating the Government’s long term commitment to supporting schemes that benefit the Armed Forces and the community.
The funding priorities for April 2017 to March 2018 are:
- families in stress - closed
- strengthening local government delivery of the covenant
- Armed Forces Covenant: local grants
- a single grant to produce a map of need for the Covenant Fund
- a single grant to produce an outcomes framework for the Covenant Fund
- a single grant for the provision of a digital support programme for the Covenant Fund
For more information, please see the MOD Covenant Fund page.
Staffordshire Armed Forces Covenant News
Please see our latest newsletter below:
For more about the Armed Forces Covenant and what it means for you, visit Gov.uk's Armed Forces Covenant page.
You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org