Staffordshire Priority 3 Action Plan
||Funding for community projects
Using over £4 million of funding from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) || we have helped to regenerate some of the most deprived areas of Staffordshire.
Working in partnership with the borough and district councils, the voluntary sector and local community groups, our priority 3 action plan|| has supported a variety of projects that have improved the lives of people by overcoming problems such as unemployment, low educational attainment, homelessness and a lack of basic skills.
22 projects across Burton, Cannock, Tamworth and Stoke have been developed and delivered that have:
- provided advice, guidance and counselling to over 2,000 people
- trained as many as 452 unemployed and employed people
- funded approximately 80 child-care places
- helped over 170 people find employment
- generated £152,600+ in sales from 4 newly created community enterprises
- provided 3767 square metres of community premises
- provided additional training skills for over 15 trainers
- created 17 new business start-ups
Unfortunately, no further projects are being funded by ourselves under the programme.||