We provide business advice on the legal requirements for the composition, labelling and packaging of food.
The Business Support team visits businesses throughout the food chain. They then carry out audits and provide business support.
This can include:
- Providing general advice via the TSI Business Companion.
- Visits to businesses to discuss the regulatory requirements applying to the business.
- Assessment of food labels before print to reduce unnecessary label reprints.
- Submitting samples for analysis to the Public Analyst Staffordshire Scientific Services. They check on the composition of the food.
- Referring business to their local Environmental Health Service for advice on food hygiene and safety.
We can also provide businesses with advice on current healthy eating initiatives. We carry out surveillance surveys on the composition and labelling of foods.