Storing explosives (including fireworks)
Staffordshire traders who want to sell or store fireworks or other types of explosives will need to apply to Staffordshire County Council for a licence.
If you wish to store more than 5kg and less than 2,000kg net weight there are 3 types of licence available:
- To store fireworks and sell during bonfire night, new year, Diwali and Chinese new year:
- To sell fireworks all year:
- To store and sell explosives, shot gun cartridges, bird scarers, air bag inflators:
Please see the fireworks and explosives guidance page for more information.
How do I pay?
- You can pay county council bills online. Select the 'Trading Standards' option.
- You can call us on 01782 297522 and pay over the phone.
- You can pay by cheque or postal order. They should be made payable to 'Staffordshire County Council' and posted with your application and supporting information to the address below.
Please note: if your application is received after 1 September you will be charged a new storage licence fee.
How much does it cost?
|Total net explosives content in store
||New storage licence
||Renewal of an existing storage licence
||Fireworks all year sales licence
|250kg - 2,000kg
Please note: payment is non-refundable in the event of your application being refused.
- Send completed form.
- Attach plans and current explosives risk assessment.
- Pay fee for application.
Please note: details of your application will be shared with Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Services, Staffordshire Police, Planning and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Phone: 01782 297522
Staffordshire County Council Fireworks Licensing
2 Staffordshire Place