Director for Economy, Infrastructure and Skills
What is his role?
As the Director for Economy, Infrastructure and Skills, Darryl covers:
- Economic Development and Strategic Planning,
- Minerals Planning and Regulation,
- Highways and Infrastructure including Broadband,
- Skills for Employment,
- Adult and Community Learning,
- Sustainability and Waste Management.
Darryl is also currently the second Vice President of ADEPT (Association of Directors of Environment, Economy, Planning and Transport) and Chairs the joint East and West Midlands sub-national ADEPT Board.
What experience does he have?
Prior to this role Darryl was the Deputy Director for Place and Head of Economic Planning at Staffordshire County Council, his role included responsibilities for economic planning, securing external funding for economic growth programmes and developing economic partnerships. Darryl played a lead role on behalf of the Local Enterprise Partnership in negotiating City and Growth Deals, unlocking over £100m of investment in the County from Central Government.
Darryl joined Staffordshire County Council in 2002 as a Research Officer and has worked in a number of roles across the organisation including the Head of Policy, Performance & Partnerships. Prior to this he worked for the West Midlands Low Pay Unit after graduating from Wolverhampton University.
Darryl’s direct reports are:
- Anthony Baines, Assistant Director for Skills and Employability
- Clive Thomson, Assistant Director for Connected and Sustainable County
- James Bailey, Assistant Director for Highways and Built County
- Anthony Hodge, Assistant Director for Business and Enterprise