Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Corporate Services
What is his role?
As the Director of Corporate Services, John works with and supports Elected Members, and the public, private and third sectors, to harness the whole of Staffordshire’s resources to deliver improved health, prosperity and wellbeing for local people and communities.
The specific purpose of his role is to:
- take the lead on the development of the Council’s vision and plans for the future,
- to ensure that the Council continues to change to meet the needs of its citizens,
- and to make certain that the Council’s actions and decisions are made in a democratic, lawful and timely manner.
What experience does he have?
A qualified solicitor, John has extensive local government experience having worked at senior leadership level in district, unitary and county authorities.
He has an LL.B (Hons) from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne and an MBA from the Open University. John is currently a Director of Lawyers in Local Government, the body that represents the local government legal profession.
As well as being the Director of Corporate Services, John is also the Solicitor to the Council and the statutory Monitoring Officer for Staffordshire County Council.
John’s direct reports are:
- Sarah Getley, Assistant Director for People
- Ian Turner, Assistant Director for Commercial and Assets
- Tracy Thorley, Assistant Director for Corporate Operations
- Kate Loader, County Solicitor
- Rob Salmon, County Treasurer
- Kerry Dove, Assistant Director for Strategy and Transformation
- Cristian Marcucci, Assistant Director for Communications and Marketing