We have a framework of policies, standards and guidance governing how its records and information should be managed. The Information Governance Framework is not a single document or policy but a series of documents including:
- legislation and regulations
- policies and guidance
The information governance framework is designed to provide a toolkit to enable all those working for us to meet legal, regulatory and ethical requirements in terms of information collected, received, used and managed in the services we supply to the people of Staffordshire, and to do so in the most effective way.
Information governance is the responsibility of all staff.
Support and guidance
The information governance framework aims to supply the support and guidance to ensure information is:
- kept securely and confidentially where appropriate
- obtained fairly and lawfully
- kept accurate, authentic and accessible
- retained for as long as it is required
- shared lawfully and appropriately