Planning your visit to the recycling centre
All of Staffordshire's recycling centres are open for disposal of waste and recycling with some temporary restrictions in place to keep you and our staff safe.
We are limiting the number of vehicles we allow on site at one time, to ensure that visitors and operatives can keep a safe distance from each other. Due to this, visits can take longer.
What can I do to minimise journeys to the Recycling centre?
- Make use of your kerbside waste and recycling bins as far as possible. To find out what you can dispose of at the kerbside, please see your local council's website.
- When buying new products, check if the company offers a ‘take-back’ scheme where your old products will be taken away for disposal or refurbishment.
- Some online community swap, donate and second-hand networks have re-opened; check online for selling and donating good quality used items to people in your local area.
Be prepared for your visit
Before you visit
- Separate out and only bring the waste you need to essentially dispose of, this will help us keep waiting times down and help make your journey through the site quicker and easier.
- Separate your waste into different waste types and safely organise within your vehicle to make it easier to unload and dispose of once it is your turn. The waste types we accept may change daily, so please check back for the latest information on the wastes we are not currently accepting.
- Remember, site staff will not assist you in unloading your vehicle, so please only bring waste that you can safely lift and carry on your own.
When you arrive
- Queues may be longer than normal, which could mean spending some time at a standstill. Please ensure your vehicle is not obstructing access for emergency services at any time and turn off your engine when queueing. If queues are long when you arrive, please return at a later date or time if you can.
What will happen inside the recycling centre?
- On entering the site, please observe all signage including the speed limit.
- Please observe all site attendant instructions and we ask you for your patience during your visit. We understand that some of the changes we are having to put in place may cause some frustration, however, our site staff are working hard to keep everyone on site safe and healthy, and to help make your visit run as smoothly as possible in the circumstances. We thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
- Whilst parked in the holding area, it may be useful to look around to see where you will need to take your waste when it is your turn. All containers are clearly labelled with the waste types which you can recycle or dispose of.
- Remember children must not exit the vehicle at any time on the site for safety reasons. If you have a disability and have an additional person with you to drive or unload the vehicle, please ensure only one person leaves the vehicle whilst on site.
- Please be aware that we will regularly pause the unloading of all vehicles to perform cleansing of the site and to compact containers to make more room for our resident’s waste; your wait time may be a little longer as a result. We ask that you be patient and stay in your vehicle during this time until the site attendants have completed these activities and have instructed that you may begin unloading.
For more information, please see our site rules and FAQs.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.