Terms and Conditions
- Staffordshire County Council will provide an interest free loan for a bicycle and equipment that the client will pay for over a six month period.
- The prime use of the bicycle will be to access employment or training. If your circumstances change you must inform the Wheels to Work scheme. Any change in circumstance, such as change of address, telephone number and change of employer/training provider, must be reported to the co-ordinator and this might result in the terms of your bicycle loan being altered.
- The bicycle is provided to you in safe and roadworthy condition. Liability for its safety and general roadworthiness becomes your responsibility upon collection and signature of contract agreement.
- The user needs to be aware of their own and other people’s safety at all times, to ride responsibly and in accordance with traffic regulations. The user agrees to abide by the Highway Code.
- The user is responsible for any damage caused to other people’s property or injury to other persons arising out of the use.
- The rider MUST wear the safety helmet provided at ALL times when riding the bicycle. Staffordshire County Council takes no responsibility for any injuries sustained whilst riding the bicycle.
- The user is responsible for the security of the bicycle at all times and the lock provided must be used.
- Only one bicycle loan is available per client, in the event of theft the client would be responsible for providing a replacement. Stolen bicycles will not be replaced by the scheme and the full cost of the bicycle needs to be repaid.
- The bicycle must not be ridden without lights at nights or in poorly lit conditions.
- Staffordshire Wheels 2 Work scheme does not offer any insurance cover to the user who will have to make his/her own arrangements for any insurance protection required. It is strongly recommended that personal injury insurance is taken out against third party liability claims.
- The user will be responsible for keeping the bicycle in a roadworthy condition and understands that it is their responsibility to carry out maintenance and daily checks such as repairing any punctures, adjusting the brakes, etc.
- In the event of none payment we will contact your guarantor.
As part of the Moped application you must confirm you are eligible to apply for this scheme by answering yes to all of the following:
- I live in Staffordshire County Council area.
- I have a firm offer of job or training which is no more than 40 miles daily round trip from my home.
- I have checked there is no suitable public transport available which meets my need.
- I am aged 16+.
- I have the support & permission of parents / guardians if I am 16 or 17. Mark NA if older than 18+.
- I have either a provisional or full driving licence.
- I am willing to undertake the CBT Training that is required by law
- I am able to afford the £60 monthly administration fee.
- I have a bank account & I am willing to pay the monthly administration fee by standing order.
- I can cover the Insurance excess of £250 in event of a claim.
- I will have an alternative transport plan in place by the end of the six month loan.
- I understand the maximum loan period for Wheels 2 Work is six months.
- I am prepared to comply with the Terms & Conditions of the scheme.
- I understand that any abuse or ill treatment of the moped will result in a charge.
- I will provide details of a guarantor that in the event of none payment will be liable for charge.
Subsidised bus travel is available to residents of Staffordshire (not including Stoke-on-Trent) to enable ease of access to work or training. Passes are issued for up to a maximum of 4 weeks of free travel. By accepting this pass you are agreeing to find alternative transport after the pass has expired. Any assistance is at the discretion of Staffordshire Wheels 2 Work Co-ordinator. The pass can be removed if the system is abused.