What is the fund?
Each County Councillor whose division is affected by Phase 2a of HS2 has been allocated a budget of £3,500 to support the communities affected by the route. Application criteria will mirror those for the Phase One fund, as follows:
|Cllr. Janet Eagland
||Lichfield Rural North
|Cllr. Martyn Tittley
||Lichfield Rural West
|Cllr. John Francis
||Stafford Trent Valley
|Cllr. Jeremy Pert
|Cllr. Ian Parry
|Cllr. Jill Hood
|Cllr. Paul Northcote
Councillors can use the to:
- Raise awareness. For example, producing information leaflets publicising HS2 consultations, mitigation, HS2 community newsletters and notification of public meetings/events.
- Hire village halls/venues and the production of mitigation documents and plans.
- Fund reasonable transport costs to support participation in the Phase 2a parliamentary process (standard class bus or rail).
Councillors cannot use the fund to:
- Hire experts or consultants.
- Fund travel expenses without prior discussion with the Local Member and agreement by the Director of Strategy, Governance and Change.
- Support or promote any national campaign.
CanI apply for less than the cost of my proposal?
Yes, but we can't pay a grant unless you've raised or secured the rest of the funds. If your County Councillor recommends funding which is less than you have asked for, they must know how you will raise or secure any shortfall between what they are recommending and the total amount needed for your proposal.
Apply for funding
Before applying, please contact your local Councillor to talk aboutyour request. They will see if your proposal could be put forward for consideration, and check that they have the funds required to support your application.
Please note:funding cannot be allocated as a lump sum payment. This means that an application will need to be submitted each time funding is required.
You can apply for funding by completing the form below and sending it to your local Councillor.
Who approves the funding?
The Director of Strategy, Governance and Change normally approves a proposal by a Local Member to spend from his/her HS2 allocation unless:
- The proposal is one which is reserved to the County Council under Appendix 1 of this Constitution.
- It is contrary to a County Council or Cabinet policy.
- The Director of Director of Strategy, Governance and Change advises it is unlawful.
- It is a matter which would involve a payment or support to national HS2 campaign groups.
- It would create an on-going financial commitment.
- It relates to a function which is the legal responsibility of another statutory body or organisation.
What is needed for approval?
It is expected that applications for grant money will include supporting information showing expected costs, including estimates from third party organisations where relevant. On receipt of an application, the County Council reserves the right to request further evidence demonstrating that expenditure is in line with the terms and conditions of the scheme.
How is payment made?
Payment of grants will be made via BACS transfer to an action group or Parish Council bank account. Transfer will not be made to individuals, except
in the case of travel expenses relating to Select Committee. Travel receipts
and evidence of appearance at committee must be provided.
In any financial year, no proposal to spend an allocation of the fund will be approved after 31 January of that financial year.
Can payments be granted for past actions?
After discussion and approval with the Local Member, payments can be made for past actions under the scheme. All applications for these payments must be submitted with proof of expenditure, e.g. receipts and invoices.
Applications for retrospective payments must be received within three months from the date the money was spent.
The Director of Strategy, Governance and Change may issue further guidance as necessary.